Object to the latest application for 85 Extra Care houses now. Click here to use the Quick Objector.

Follow Us

"Deeply Damaging"

How English Heritage described the development of The Elms in 2012.

Read More...

"Important Open Space"

How South Oxfordshire District Coucil classify The Elms

Read More...

The Conveyance of Elms Park to Thame

In 1948, the land now known as Elms Park was donated to the town of Thame by the then owners of The Elms, Leonard Purser and his family.  It is well known amongst long stnading residents of Thame that the reason behind the donation was to protect the land, including the Park and The Elms, from potential development.

The Town and Country Planning Act of 1947 had paved the way for the compulsory purchase and development of land with vehicular access in order to rebuild houses following World War 2.  Leonard Purser realised this and donated nearly half of his land to block development entirely.

The conveyance which gifted the land to the town clearly puts the land into the guardianship of the town council and many restrictions are applied in the convenants.  several of which will be broken by the proposed development of the land at The Elms.

One of the key points is the restriction of entrances onto Elms Park from adjoining properties.  This point of the contract will clearly be broken with the proposed development of the land at The Elms.

Read the full convenant and make up your own mind here.

And here's the oaccompanying plan

Google+